Only two days before the US Presidential election so I’d like to remind all of you Americans once again to get out there and vote! I’m not even American and I know how important this is!
Not much else is newsworthy these days and I suspect there won’t be til at least Thursday. All eyes are on Barack Obama and John McCain at the moment. However, the blogosphere neither stop nor delays for anything so here’s what’s going on this week.
Oh, and I believe we’ll all be back for Dot Com Pho next week. Everyone is welcome to join us. Let any one of the Dot Com Pho crew know via Twitter so we can save you a seat.
- TechCrunch thinks John Chow and I make a good team when it comes to making instructional videos. Actually, the word they used is “endearing” and yes, I think that sounds as ridiculous as you do. Since I was unavailable for the latest videos, John enlisted his daughter Ashley Chow to tell everyone the difference between hibernate mods on Macs and PCs.
- Exactly how useful this FakeCalls app that iPhone Gary shows us is is probably debatable but I can think of a time or two when I wished someone would call so I could “escape”. What? What happened? Oh my…I’ll be right there! Just…oh my…I can’t even…
- Deadmonton transplant Michael Kwan> interviews Marty Beckerman, author of Dumbocracy (originally called, apparently, Retard Nation) and Generation S.L.U.T.. With titles like that, how could you not be interested? And don’t be mistaken…just because he’s from Alaska doesn’t mean he’s a Sarah Palin fan, don’cha know?
- Unless I’m mistaken, Stephen Fung is the only other Dot Com Pho crew member that has any skills in the kitchen. I know John and Michael can’t cook worth a damn. This week, he has two variations on sea bass. Not bad…maybe we should have Dot Com Iron Chef one of these days.
- Derek Semmler recently took a vacation to Disney World and left his blog in the hands of several guests. I love that the first picture he posted from the road trip is of a highway lane closed “for no #(%&ing reason”. I’ve been there, buddy…the Sea-to-Sky Highway always has a perfectly good lane closed for some reason that I’m sure is ridiculous, making our commute to Whistler take twice as long as it really should.
Remember folks, 11:59pm on November 7th will be the last day you can enter my contest! Prizes will be drawn out of a hat at Dot Com Pho and winners will be announced live via Twitter! If you haven’t already, it’s dead easy to enter and you could get yourself some free stuff! Prizes include ad space on JohnChow.com, ad space here, an iPod and several USB flash keys.
How do you enter?
- Follow me on Twitter: 3 entries
- Blog about my contest or anything on ededition.com with a linkback: 5 entries
- Comment on any post on ededition.com (1 comment counted per post, 24 hour time limit after posting time): 1 entry per comment.