As I mentioned earlier this week, I’m bringing back Speed Link Sunday as new programs and services make it easier for me to find new bloggers and content to link to each week. Sometime during every week, I’ll send out a Twitter update asking if anyone has any interesting content they’ve put up on their blog recently.
Of course, this means you’ll have to follow me on Twitter. If you’ve already on my list of Twitter followers, then you’ve already got a head start on being featured on Speed Link Sunday as well as a head up on the contest I’ll be running. More details below but first…
Just like I’m bringing back Speed Link Sunday from the dead, I’d like to encourage some bloggers to come back to the blogosphere. Most were regular reads and regular comment contributers here so I’d like to see some old friends get back in the game. Some have been updated once or twice in the last few months but as we all know, a blog without regular updates is a dead blog.
- Saman Sadeghi was top commentator for several months here as well as on many other blogs. His last update was over a month ago and Samanathon has been update only sporadically since the beginning of this year. His last post was on how to install Office 2007 on Ubuntu and he’s got a few more useful Windows tips on his site as well.
- Derrich is another old school top commentator on my blog that hasn’t updated his blog much since earlier this year. Last I heard he was opening a bar in San Antonio and I’m sure he’s rather busy with that. His last post was about a month ago on how he recently sold his car and bought a hybrid…a decision I’m sure most of us are considering with the massive rises in gas prices.
- I know Gary Lee has been present in the blogosphere recently with other ventures but his personal blog has laid dormant since July. His lasts posts were on a SEO timeline and a bench clearing WNBA brawl.
- Fellow Vancouver resident Jeff Kee‘s blog hasn’t been updated since the beginning of the summer. Actually, we haven’t seen Jeff in the longest time at Dot Com Pho either, even though we’ve been on hiatus for the last month (look for the season premier probably this Saturday). Jeff’s last post was about another blog called 7DayBuzz, which looks like blog of interesting daily stories and facts. Hope you can make it out to DCP sometime, Jeff.
- Another regular commentator, Malcolm Owen, has been mostly MIA for over a month. I remember he linked to my video of Where the Hell is Matt earlier this summer with his last post being of a Lego Donkey Kong set, which rules, by the way.
Of course, just because you didn’t make the list doesn’t mean some of you, such as Dot Com Pho members Greg Morgan and Leo Chiang, aren’t slacking. It doesn’t mean you have to update on some kind of torrential pace but keeping a regular schedule is a good idea for the health of your blog and to keep yourself creative.
Anyways, onto the contest.
- Prize #1: A JohnChow.com stripe ad for 1 month, which usually costs $250. This is the ad that appears at the top of the site. Sponsored by John Chow.
- Prize #2:A 125×125 ad (this is the box ad you see to the top right) on my site for 3 months, a 2GB USB Flash Drive from Gigabyte.
- Prize #3: Apple iPod Nano 2G Black 8GB. I was going to give this away a long time ago but forgot about it. Still brand new. Not as pretty as the new 4G Nano but still an 8GB iPod Nano. Also, a 2GB USB Flash Drive from Buffalo.
- Prize #4: A box DVD of the 1st season of one of my favorite TV shows How I Met Your Mother and a 4GB USB Flash Drive from Sony.
How to Enter
It’s all real simple.
- Follow me on Twitter Everyone already following is already entered: 3 entries
- Blog about my blog. Review my site. Blog about this contest…anything. Include a linkback: 5 entries
- Any comment in any post starting with this one. To avoid spam, only one comment per person, per post will be counted. Comments will only be counted for 24 hours after posting: 1 entry per comment.
That’s it! I haven’t decided on the time limit yet but it won’t go too long. Remember, following me on Twitter not only gets you a chance to win one of the prize packs but I might also link right back to you on Sundays. C’mon folks, if you want an ad spot here, on JohnChow.com, an iPod or some great television entertainment, follow the instructions above.