So I’ve decided to take a moment every Sunday and see what everyone else in the blog community is talking about. Not only because I think we should promote other people’s blogs that we enjoy but also because…Sunday is usually a lazy day and there’s usually not much to talk about. However, if your blog post catches my eye sometime during the week, it’ll probably be included in a post such as this each Sunday.
1. Gary Lee speaks to a Marine Corps. sniper about what the job entails and how he got there. I don’t know about you but snipers are pretty much the most badass dudes on the planet. They’re masters of stealth and marksmanship. If you got a sniper after you and you can see him, you’re probably screwed. If you got a sniper after you and you can’t see him, you’re probably still screwed.
2. Derrich continues his popular blogger voting tournament, which is in the second round of March madness as of yesterday. Gary was defeated by samanathon.com in the first round and ProBlogger, one of the largest blogs on the internet was upset by the eighth seed.
3. Eva McKinnon, who is teaching English in Korea, talks about her adult students dispelling common myths about popular Korean culture on her blog, Stranger in Suwon. This is one of my new favorite blogs and along with Gdog’s The Daily Kimchi, tell me all about teaching English in Korea. I’ve been to Korea a few times…lovely country…but everyone walks around like they’re blind. Seriously, if you can make it anywhere without people bumping into you, I will be so incredibly surprised…
4. Geeks Are Sexy shows us a short film about two seriously l337 hax0rz named Razorwire and Overlord. Myself and Kiltak both found that it was rather sad that we both knew exactly what they were talking about…even if there weren’t any subtitles. I honestly can’t decide if this is stupid or awesome…or both.
5. Danielle explains how to have an Iron Chef competition using only what’s available at a local soup and salad bar. In all honesty, I must admit that her creation was very well plated but I’m not sure if I would want to eat that…thing that Gary made, which had some kind of weird green pepper looking thing with nuts and chocolate…